5 activities to strengthen your mental alertness
Our mind is one of the most powerful and intricate tools that we possess. It can inspire you to acquire your full potential or it can lead you down the rabbit hole. It is therefore extremely important to continuously engage in activities that stimulate and challenge our minds. Just like our muscles need exercise, our brain needs mental workouts as well. This can be brought about through engaging in activities that keep challenging your mind.
So here are five activities to boost your mental alertness
- Regular exercisePhysical exercise is as good to the mind, as it is to the body. It releases endorphins that trigger a positive and happy feeling. Therefore, a good run or a workout at the gym instantly boosts your overall mood and will relieve you from stress. Regular exercise also sharpens our memory and encourages us to learn new things. Not to mention, the magic it works when it comes to burning those calories.
- Puzzles and GamesWe need to keep challenging our minds to protect them against cognitive decline. Crossword puzzles, brain teasers and strategy games ensure the mind stays sharp and active. Challenging your brain to engage in new tasks creates new brain pathways that keep the mind in the best shape possible.
- Food and WaterFood plays a very significant role as it regulates your mood and energy that can significantly affect your focus. A healthy and nutritious diet helps to reinforce our thinking, increases attention and the ability to execute plans. You should also drink enough water as it helps you to think faster, be more focussed as well as increases creativity.
- SleepSleep is the mind’s best friend. It boosts mental wellbeing and makes your memory sharper.Eight hours of sleep clears your mind and aids in decision making. That’s why before making a big decision, it is always best to sleep on it.
- Learn something newTake up a new hobby or treat yourself to something you enjoy. It could be music, learning a new language or simply travelling. When you engage in a new activity you are allowing your mind to think of new patterns thus ensuring, it is always expanding and staying sharp.
82 total views